At St Barnabas we recieve approximately £17,460 for our sports premium.
St Barnabas is a healthy school with healthy lifestyles and attitudes embedded throughout the curriculum and extra-curricular activities delivered by specialist staff. Children are encouraged to be active and maintain healthy relationships with their peers and adults as well as making good choices about healthy lifestyles. At St Barnabas we believe that Physical Education and activity is important because:
- It develops pupils’ skills and knowledge of physical competence and confidence, enabling them to use these to perform in a wide range of physical activities.
Children are given opportunities to be creative, competitive and have fun.
- It builds on team work skills through competing in challenges as part as a team and supporting one another in the process.
- It can help children to develop awareness of fair play and good sportsmanship through competitions and challenges faced.
- Children can face and overcome challenges, both individually and as a team to feel a sense of accomplishment.
At St Barnabas we use our sports premium money to achieve the 5 key indicators which are:
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Profile of PE and sports is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
Please use the link below to read our Report(s) which contain more detail about how we used the Sports Premium funding.