Support for Families-My Life Warrington
Early Help Offer at St Barnabas CE Primary School
Early help refers to the offer of any information, advice or support to children, young people and their families as soon as possible in their lives, or when issues emerge, to help prevent problems from escalating.
At St Barnabas Primary School this is some of the early that we can offer you:
· Daily check in times– a problem shared is a problem halved! Come and speak to Miss Hodgkinson or Mrs Fisher any morning before school starts when they are both available on the school playgrounds. An appointment for another time can be arranged if you need support with your child’s learning, behaviour or anything else that you may be worried about.
· An Early Help Assessment - this involves listening to you to find out what help you need and talking about what is working well in your life. Based on what you say and what help you would like, a plan is put together so that professionals can work together to make sure you get the right sort of help.
· Team Around the Family (TAF) meetings –arranged by school, inviting the relevant agencies so that we can all work together to give you and your family the support you need.
· Refer to outside agencies such as: Family Outreach Team (used to be Family Support), parenting courses, our school health advisor, Warrington Youth Club, St Joseph’s Family Centre, Play Therapist and local children’s centres.
· Support to complete forms and other paperwork such as: admissions to high school and Disability Living Allowance.
· Practical support including weekly access to the Happi Hub Community fridge where fresh fruit, veg and bread is available at the school gates.
· Support with accessing a wide range of support including Warrington Food Bank, Care UK, Citizens Advice.